Saturday, September 6, 2008

Shake and Bake

Blame that Freddie Upchurch again!

Another boring summer day....now that I am older (really old) I don't seem to think that Culver City gets that hot...but, when we were kids we believed that the summers got to be about 120 degrees...

What is there to do?

Freddie looks down his driveway and spots an abandoned 1950 Plymouth sedan - two door as I remember it - kind of a grey color. Parked next to the house.

Freddie looks at me and says "How long do you think your brother could survive in the trunk of that car?"

"What do you mean?" I ask. "Well, if we lock him in the trunk, how long do you think he could last?" "I don't know..." Well, let's find out!"

So we go and capture Kent and bring him to the car kicking and screaming. We open up the trunk of the car easily and put Kent inside, making sure to secure the trunk.

We stand across from the car (In the shade of the house, of course) and wait.

At first there is little sound. Then, a muffled yell. Then, a muffled scream. Beating on the trunk lid from the inside. Finally, no more sounds. Sounds like he is done.

We open the trunk and see Kent sitting there, all red faced and sweating like a pig.

I guess we answered the question, how long would he last...

1 comment:

redstarmama said...

I am dying laughing right now. Poor Kent. I hope he's gotten a little revenge over the years!